Residency Alumni Awards
The University of Alabama Tuscaloosa Family Medicine Residency Program is proud of the impact its alumni and educators make in the health care profession, and in medical education and conducting innovative community-oriented research. To honor these outstanding alumni, faculty and staff for their contributions, we are kicking-off the first Distinguished Alumni and Service Awards Ceremony as part of the Reunion Weekend.
- Distinguished Physician Alumni Award – Recognize alumni for outstanding and widely recognized achievement that exemplifies the values and mission of the College of Community Health Sciences through their personal conduct, professional accomplishments and community service. Preference is given to those whose achievements have had a significant impact on health care in a rural area.
- Distinguished Young Physician Alumni Award – Recognize alumni who have exhibited excellence and leadership in their chosen specialty (completed residency within the last 10 years).
- Humanitarian Physician Alumni Award – Recognize alumni for dedication to providing great health care to the underprivileged and in underserved areas. This award is designed to acknowledge alumni who have made significant contributions, including in public health, philanthropy, volunteerism or with their time or talents, that benefit their community, state and/or nation. Alumni whose work has impacted large, underserved populations will also be considered.
- Inspirational Faculty Service Award – Presented to current or former CCHS faculty who have demonstrated loyalty and service to The University of Alabama Tuscaloosa Family Medicine Residency Program through outstanding leadership in higher education. This award recognizes those who have made a significant professional impact, have contributed significantly to the UA Tuscaloosa Family Medicine Residency community through publications and/or research and who exemplify personal integrity.
- Outstanding Staff Service Award – To recognize a current or former staff member who has demonstrated broad-based, long-term service and dedication to The University of Alabama Tuscaloosa Family Medicine Residency Program.
All residency and fellowship alumni, and former or current faculty and staff of the UA Tuscaloosa Family Medicine Residency, are eligible to nominate and receive awards. The FMR Alumni Awards Committee reserves the right to re-assign categories of nomination if deemed applicable.
Nominate Someone for an Award
Nominations are due by May 1, 2020.